Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Crochet-A-Long

McCall's Needlework Magazine 1963-64
Last week at the WeHo SnB, Regina brought this spectacular vintage McCall's Needlework magazine (1963-64) to share. WELL! Some of the patterns were incredible. We were especially enthralled with this flowered headband and matching muff (on the right, above). So, Regina , Sara and I decided to start a Crochet-A-Long. Regina will eventually have the pattern available on her blog if want to join in.
I started making the headband last night. I read the pattern, but figured out a better way to work the band so that it was stretchy. I knitted a ribbing for the bottom of the band and then crocheted in a rib pattern for the top part of the band to make it more stable.
The crocheted flowers are adorable and very similar to flowers I always crochet for baby hats. I need 3 more flowers for the band, then I'll sew them on in a fetching manner. Maybe I'll finish by Thursday so I can model the headband at our WeHo SnB tomorrow night.
I'm not sure about making the muff. We don't have much use for a flowered muff here in SoCal. Maybe I'll make a little handbag to go with the headband?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

So cute and I personally would wear along with matching handbag! Great idea, can't wait to see you model it.

 
At 3:31 PM PST, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Those patterns are wonderful!! Can't wait to see you modeling the FO!

 
At 4:08 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I am going to make mine orange-y too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery