Friday, July 28, 2006

Grannies 'R Us!

Darcy, striking a pose!
I finished my dingle ball granny square purses. I even lined them! One is for Natalie and one is for Darcy. They labored away making the granny squares for my b-day celebration decorations last week. I figured, the least I could do was make something out of those girlie granny squares! They both look very fetching, toting their new dingle ball granny square handbags!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last night's WeHo Stitch 'n Bitch was jammed packed! There were about 25 people there! We had a few special guests....I won't go into details. It was rawther hot upstairs at the Original Farmers Market. The windows were wide open to our dining area, but we really didn't feel a breeze.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Over 25 People Attended Last Night's WeHo SnB!

Two of the ladies, Sachi and Emily brought their spinning wheels! It was fascinating. They have both spun some gorgeous yarn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Alicia made crocheted a carnation from a pattern that I gave her last week. Looks great!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What's up for the weekend, you ask? Tomorrow morning my friend, Phyllis is coming over to give us some ideas for landscaping our backyard. This is a lovely b-day gift from Phyllis, who is a professional landscaper. Sad to say, faboo knitter and landscaper, Ms. Phyllis is moving back east in September. She and her significant other are moving to Rochester, New York to be closer to family. We will miss Phyllis' expert knitting advice and sense of humor at our WeHo SnB. Bye, Phyllis! Best of luck. Stay in touch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Phyllis With Felted Hat, Winter 2005
Later, Saturday afternoon I'm having high tea with my friend, Beth at the Chado Tea Room on 3rd St. I hope the place is air-conditioned!
Have a fantabulous weekend everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM PDT, Blogger Mimi said...

I love the felted hat Phyllis is holding. Can you tell me where she got the pattern at or how I can contact her to find out. It would be greatly appreciated by me and my little granddaughter who I think the hat would look gorgeous on. Deb in Little Rock
rpageserv@sbcglobal.net

 
At 10:31 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Deb! Wow...a comment from Little Rock! Cool!
I will ask Phyllis about the hat. I do believe she just improvised on the hat, but got the felted flower pattern from Nicky Epstein's book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery