Friday, July 21, 2006

My Birthday

SnB Birthday Spread
Thanks to ALLLLL of my friends at the WeHo SnB for making my birthday special! It was quite a party!
Mr. Larry took me to dinner at Monsieur Marcel at the Original Farmers Market. We had a beautiful meal...I had the Salade Tahitienne with avocado, fresh pineapple and butterfly shrimp. Larry had the salmon with spinach and French fries.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr. Marcel's Baked Salmon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr. Marcel's Salade Tahitienne
After dinner, we walked upstairs so I could hang out with my fellow fiber pals at the SnB. Wow! What decorations and what a spread!!! Natalie, Darcy, Lori, Faith outdid themselves with decor, cupcakes, cheese balls, ukulele cookies along with great balloons from Jennifer. It was so festive. There were tons o' presents...thanks to Mary Jo, Carla and the aforementioned for their faboo gifties. Natalie and Darcy even made little granny squares to add to the pink dingle ball decorations. You know, granny squares are my favorites. Granny squares are the building blocks to fashion. See Carla's post for more on that!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Darcy made up these tiny little purses for decorations too. She knows that I love to knit and crochet purses! So cute! I'm going to photograph the purses later with my vintage Barbie Dolls!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hours of Recipe Fun from Faith

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ellen, Mary Jo and Mary Jo's gorgeous felted bag

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lori's Delicious Ukulele Cookies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lori, Darcy and Ellen
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Carla's Yarn-like Salt & Pepper Shakers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Natalie's "Knit-a-Poodle" Kit

It was a great evening, lots of fun, lots of laughs. I spent my birthday evening with many of my favorite people!!! Thanks again.
EARLIER IN THE DAY...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

L.A. City Hall

I drove Downtown and took a tour of the newly renovated, revived and refreshed City Hall. The Los Angeles City Hall is a movie star. It has appeared in tons o' movies, ever since it was built in the 1920's. At one time, it was the tallest building in Los Angeles. Check out this site for more interesting facts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


All of the gorgeous tile work, marble, woodwork and various fixtures have been restored. The building is magnificent.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


A lovely docent by the name of Hazel gave me a personal guided tour of the 3rd floor public rooms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got to visit Mayor Tony's conference Room and have my photo taken in his chair. We also saw the Press Room where the Mayor makes his public statements. He stands in front of a photo mural of Los Angeles from the 1960's....no really tall buildings! it's a hoot!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Then, I took the elevator up to the 27th floor to the Tower Room to check out the view! Even with all of the really tall buildings, the sightlines are amazing. There were some location guys there checking out camera angles for an upcoming television shoot. There are entertainment crews crawling all over the City Hall. Like I said, the L.A. City Hall is still a star.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Larry and I were married at the L.A. Hall of Records almost 15 years ago. We had photos taken in front of the historic City Hall and in the Tower. I hadn't really been inside since then. The tour was awesome and I'm so glad I made the effort.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After the tour, I was getting hungry. I drove over to China Town, found a parking spot and checked out some of the little shops. I ended up having lunch at Hop Woo on North Broadway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Since it was my birthday, I decided to splurge. I ordered the lobster with ginger and scallions. Yum.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There was this amazing, rotating light fixture over my head. I just had to photograph it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had to get outta downtown after that! It was sweltering! I did a little more shopping closer to home, then I rested until the evening's festivities (see above).
Again, thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate my big day. The celebration is NOT over however! More to come this weekend. After Sunday, I'm going on a liquid diet! Oy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:08 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Waahhhhh....I missed all the fun.
(sobs uncontrollably)

 
At 1:30 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:( ME TOO!!!

Looks lovely, tho. I'm so glad you managed to have a fantastic time, despite our absence.

 
At 4:41 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Happy Birthday! We'll have to do a birthday get together soon!

 
At 5:49 PM PDT, Blogger Susan Wike said...

Happy Birthday!!! Why don't you whip a new faux bag for yourself? Hope you had a great day!
Susan

 
At 8:48 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

Sounds (and looks) like a fantastic fun birthday party! I love the ukulele cookies and all the special touches your friends did for you. That says alot about a person...Cheers to you! -Pam

 
At 1:28 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

I leave town for awhile, and all the fun starts! A happy belated birthday to you...or maybe I should say "Tant'auguri a te!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery