Friday, September 29, 2006

Scarves for Soldiers, II

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I finished three scarves for U.S. Soldiers in Iraq. I plan to mail them this weekend. Read more about it here.
The scarf on the left is crocheted with Red Heart Soft Acrylic, color: Toast. The center scarf is crocheted with Red Heart Camoflage yarn. The scarf on the right is knitted with Paton's Tweed Acrylic. The dimensions of each scarf are almost 7 inches wide and 37" or 38" long. This was a quick project to complete and I know that the soldiers who receive the scarves will stay nice and warm on those cold nights this winter.
Busy weekend....I'm co-hosting a baby shower for a cousin; attending a b-day party and just doing all of the usual weekend things that we do. Have a great one, everybody!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM PDT, Blogger Susan Wike said...

I'm on board for this project! My eldest son is a senior ROTC cadet who will be a second lieutenant in the Army next year. (yikes) Steven plans to join the Navy in November. Moms for the Troops! (Could we start our own KAL, CAL?)

 
At 4:48 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yer such a TROOPer!! :) the scarves look great. The soldiers will be lucky to have them.

 
At 7:29 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

Please e-mail me privately about the scarves for the soldiers. I tried clicking, but didn't get anything.

Thanks.

Karen

 
At 8:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed you asking for your pattern. This is a great project and I'd like to contribute.

 
At 12:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you doing this again this year (2007)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery