Monday, January 22, 2007

Yarn Clogs

Ellen-Left and Mary Jo-Right
Dansko Yarn Clogs
Gina at Skein Cocaine (great blog name) has commented on my blog, so of course I like to check out (stalk) my fans. As I was perusing Gina's blog I came across a photo of these Dansko clogs needled felted with bits of yarn. I had to have them! Gina said in this post that Zappos.com was out of them. I searched and searched and eventually found an online source. Of course, the clogs were more expensive at this site, but I didn't care....I had to have them!


Since I've been trying to adhere to Knit From Your Stash 2007, I've found that my yarn shopping compulsion has carried over into other areas....shoes, purses, knitting and crochet tools and supplies other than yarn, books, tacos.


On Saturday, I met up with Marcia, Mary Jo and Christine at the newish yarn shop in South Pasadena called Abuelita's. I bought some lovely rosewood knitting needles, size 8 (no yarn). We ended up going downstairs for lattes, sweets and sandwiches. Abuelita's is a very cute store...nice yarn selection...big needlepoint canvas and wool selection.


Turns out Mary Jo has the same yarny clogs that I have. M.J.'s have more orange yarn....mine have more pink. I love wearing my yarn on my shoes!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:13 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Clogs of glory!

LOL! And you guys wore them the same day (like you would've missed a chance to wear yarn shoes to a yarn store!).

So far, as a result of KFYS, I'm about 500 bucks ahead of where I usually am this time of month. I can't believe all the cold hard cash I was dropping on yarn! Well, and other fiber related goodies. I figured this whole operation would be like liposuction -- if you don't exercise, the fat'll return somewhere else, hah! So this month I put a 50 dollar cap on crafty stuff in general. That includes books, needles, patterns, and so forth. Seems like it'll be enough.

Anyhow. Blah blah. I really like your clogs.

 
At 2:11 PM PST, Blogger Vouray said...

Excellent shoes, Ellen! Glad you found them...wear in good health! Stitches here you come!

 
At 4:45 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I love your clogs, but. . . I was *SO* ready to read that you had made them! Everyone seems to be doing the Fibertrends clogs, for which I'm sure you have both the ability AND the stash, and you could then have needle felted the designs! Now that you have the examples in your possession, I fully expect to see a duplicate Made-By-Ellen pair in the near future.

 
At 10:10 PM PST, Blogger Alicia said...

I just LOVE your clogs. Dansko are the greatest shoes. Ever since I got my plain black ones, I haven't worn any other shoes... even in the summer

 
At 11:30 AM PST, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Love the clogs! I saw them at Nordstroms in November and wanted them but they didn't have my size. I especially loved that they don't match!

 
At 1:58 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

My clogs match...so do Mary Jo's. You are seeing one clog from two different pairs in the photo, Ellene. On the left is my "pinky" clog. On the right is Mary Jo's "orange-ish" clog.
Oh! Did you mean that the patterns don't match exactly? You're right!

 
At 3:38 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needle felted clogs... it is like you found nirvana: Shoes *and* yarn!!

Hey, how is the Knit From Your Stash thing going? Have you been able to stick with it? Is it easier or harder than you'd thought? My three-month moratorium on shopping has been a little easier than I thought, until I got a crazy urge to go shopping this weekend. Luckily I had a gift card from Best Buy and I bought a DVD, or I might have fallen off the wagon.

I think I needed the endorphin rush LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery