Friday, April 13, 2007

Weekend

It's Really Windy Here!
Los Angeles is having crazy weather! The winds are up...the temperatures are erratic...I'm waiting for the hoards of locusts to descend! Yesterday, the winds were up to 50 mph in the area. Trees, bushes, signs, lawn furniture, pets, etc. have been flying through the air. Power is out around town due to the high winds. One of my co-workers (livng in Palms) will not have power for two more days! Luckily, our power is OK....for now.

Saturday morning, I'll be at our once-a-month, second Saturday WeHo SnB at the Farmers Market, 10am to noon. After that, I'm taking Mary Jo for a belated b-day lunch at the Bloom Cafe in my neighborhood. Mary Jo and I have this ongoing contest about who's got a bigger yarn stash. Our mutual friend, Brit, thinks it's a draw. Tomorrow, MJ will be at my house so she can actually see and count the skeins of yarn in my studio, closet, dining room, car trunk, etc.

Part of my Yarn Storage

Later Saturday evening Mr. Larry and I will be heading out to Highland Park for the Second Saturday N.E.L.A. Art Crawl. Our friend, Rob Hasick is exhibiting his work at Future Studio. The Art Crawl encompasses many studios in the Highland Park, Eagle Rock area. It's always a great time....interesting artwork...fun people. I hope to see you there!

Artwork by Rob Hasick

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3:50 PM PDT, Blogger Danielle said...

Ellen:

Re:"Part of my Yarn Storage"

Where do I sign up to be in your will?

Wow. That is all.

Danielle

 
At 5:00 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Seeing other people's stash always makes me so happy. Good thing it's stored so well as to not blow away.

 
At 5:26 PM PDT, Blogger Mandi said...

yarn...YUM!

 
At 5:41 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for exposing your collection. I feel better that I'm not alone.

 
At 6:07 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Size DOES matter. *snicker*

Hope to see you tomorrow at SnB!

 
At 7:37 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

That's a hard contest to judge!

 
At 9:26 AM PDT, Blogger Bratfink said...

You make me VERY happy that I crochet mainly doilies and use thread.

I can have a good-sized stash but it doesn't take up much room.

That picture just blows my mind.

 
At 5:45 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Okay, I'm not going to concede that your stash exceeds mine--I think yours is probably all in the same ZIP code, and mine isn't--but it looks as if you are quite a contender! Today rocked, thanks for a lot of fun! It was just what I needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery