Thursday, April 26, 2007

We're All Going!

Make your reservations now!!! We're all going to "The United States of Charles Phoenix"...a comedy about mid-century Americana at the John Anson Ford Ampitheater near the Hollywood Bowl on Friday May 11th, 8:30 pm.
Larry and Stuart are going!

OMG! It's going to be faboo. Charles is a personal friend of mine and I must say I'm honored to be able to claim that. He's so inventive, entertaining and smart. This retro slide show performance should be really fun. Many special events and guests are scheduled along with Charles' witty narration of hysterical vintage travel slides from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Bring a picnic...it's gonna be a blast!
The Amys are going!

Joan, Ellen and of course, Charles will be there!

Tickets to "The United States of Charles Phoenix" - www.FordTheatres.org, 323/461-3673

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:56 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Hi, I might just go, too. Call it peer pressure (well, at least one peer, anyway)....

 
At 2:01 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, that bottom pic is awesome!! And I wish I could go, but that day is Jennifer's graduation from law school! She's going to be a lawyer! So we're going out to dinner with her family and friends that night to say, hey, will you give free legal advice please? hee.

I love how your scarf matches your eyeglass frames, you are very chic.

 
At 6:47 PM PDT, Blogger Sally said...

But are you going to see Sourdough Slim in Santa Clarita this weekend?

 
At 7:09 PM PDT, Blogger T-Bird said...

Oh my god how awesome is it that you own the very painting that pushed me over the edge into thinking "Tony de Carlo -- the painter is MY kind of eccentric nut – I must get to know him.". Now...I automatically love you just for OWNING such a waaaaay out painting. I am slowly cataloging my way thru his paintings and getting them up into as permanent presence on the web. It has become once of my pet causes: tthese works of art need to be permanently alive and available for viewing. I am convinced that he is a genius. Plain and simple. I take it you found the download button (for some of them I do up the fancy schmancy illustrated versions of his words so that I can stretch my own artistic muscles).

Do you own any other of his works??? Oh you lucky girl!!!

I will be back to explore your three blogs, and will put one or more into the Blog Walk of Fame.

Cheers!!! Will (The Thunderbird, and blog master – who lives in the left hand column of the blog -- Tony’s home is the right hand column).

 
At 2:57 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Drat, just another thing I'll miss since I'll be "out of town" (yeah, out of the whole country!) that week. Maybe Charles will do something else when I'm in town--at least, I got to hear him talk at Vroman's!

 
At 8:08 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

I'm going, whoopee! See you there...I hope.

 
At 6:36 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh damn! I just HAFTA see that movie!
I'm gonna find out if its coming to NY, or how I can get my hands on it! Lemme' know how it was! Gosh!

 
At 10:57 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Sahara,
Thanks for commenting. The Charles Phoenix show is NOT a movie, it's a slide show with hilarious commentary, along with other live performances. Check Charles' website to see if he's going to vist your area: www.godblessamericana.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery