Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grannies & Zucchini

Last Sunday a few of my BFFs helped me crochet some squares to add to the baby blanket that I am donating to Stitches From The Heart. I've been crocheting off-white borders on all of their squares, making them larger, as necessary, so they will all be similar in size. I've put together a few squares. I think this will be a very colorful baby blanket! Thanks to everyone and their faboo crochet expertise!
That same day, Miss Laurie brought over a b-day gift, along with some zucchini from her garden. I had professional photographer, Larry Underhill, place said zucchini under studio lights with a 12-inch ruler and record them for posterity. They are the hugest zucchini I have ever seen! We will be washing, slicing, dicing, steaming, buttering and spicing up a small portion of the monster Z tonight to see how it tastes. "The Super Zucchini that Invaded Wilshire Vista" ... News at 11.
Super Size that Zucchini!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I think I have a recipe for a spice cake that uses grated zucchini. I think you could probably bake about 100 cakes with those whoppers!

Susan
Santa Monica

 
At 3:12 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Such a happy baby blanket! (or two)

And you wanna know something? Those mutant zukes scare me...where's my aluminum hat?

 
At 3:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, this is hilarious!!!! I am thrilled that your pro photog hubby found my monster squash a suitable subject!!!!

 
At 6:10 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

I cna't how "together" all those little squares look with the lovely white edging!

All the time we were sitting around noshing, I was half expecting that zucchini to get up and walk into the living room!

 
At 11:18 AM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

That's going to be a very colorful blankie--lots of stimulation for little eyes! When we grew zucchini, Himself thought "the bigger the better" and we wound up with some that were, really truly, over 2 feet long! I stuffed them (like stuffed peppers or golompkis) and steamed them and fed them to the Hungry Horde--they were a little tough for crudites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery