Thursday, November 29, 2007

We Have Winners!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Single Wristy Syndrome....Cured!
Many of you are just tooo tooooo speedy! Sitting at their computers yesterday, waiting for me to post were winners, Laurie Ann and Sharon! They were the first two people to answer my question correctly. The question: "What does my auto license plate say?" The answer: CROCHET. Laurie Ann and Sharon will both be receiving a copy of the book "Knitspeak" and little Knitspeak magnets sometime next week. Congratulations!
Thanks for the fantastic response! I didn't realize just how many people actually read my blog everyday. I know I don't get as many comments as Crazy Auntie or the Yarn Harlot, but I always enjoy the responses that I receive from YOU, YOU and especially YOU!!!
On to another subject....JURY DUTY. I reported to the Hollywood Courthouse today. To my surprise, my knitting needles and crochet hooks passed thru the security with no problem! Woo Hoo! It's a good thing too! I was there all day, knitting away on the wristys. I finished two orphan pairs! No more SWS for me!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Almost Completed...Just have to sew up the orphan!

My group didn't get called into the courtroom until after lunch. 18 people were questioned, the Court dismissed 6 people. I have to report again tomorrow to see if I'm chosen to be on the jury. Sigh. Hopefully, I'll just have another full day of knitting and then get dismissed. We'll see what happens. Luckily, the Courthouse is across the street from my most favorite Thai restaurant in L.A., Palms Thai. That's the place where the Thai Elvis performs in the evenings.
What's up for this weekend? Oh...so many things to do. On Saturday, Peter Shire's Echo Park Pottery is having it's "Holi-daze Hustle" from 1-5pm...always a fun hang. Peter's place is also open on Sunday....do drop by. The address is 1850 Echo Park Ave. He has marvelous pottery for sale, food to eat and live music! Saturday evening, Larry and I are attending the West Adams Homeowners Association Historic Home Tour and Progressive Dinner. Sunday, I'll be over at Compatto in Santa Monica for Laurie Perry's book signing and reading. In between all that, I hope to get my knit on and finish up more holiday gifties! Have a marvelous weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:49 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Glad you were able to take your knitting in for jury duty. I haven't had any problems (because of where I live obviously) but my last resort for smuggling in knitting needles has been to put my hair up with a couple of beaded hair sticks - and in a pinch I can knit with those!

I love reading your blog! As much as I enjoy living on the island I miss much of the arts & culture that is available on the mainland, so it's great to be able to see things through your eyes. (Although I get a little jealous sometimes. Just a little!)

 
At 10:29 PM PST, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

You got to take your needles? Whahahaha, that's not fair!! :-P I mean, um, what I mean is WOW I'm so glad you could take your knitting! :-) I really missed mine during my nearly 3 weeks of dismal, yarnless jury duty. *tragic sigh*

Seriously hope you get dismissed tomorrow. Then you're good for a whole year!

 
At 2:18 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say that I enjoy reading your blog, especially about all the interesting things you do in LA.

The WAHA tour sounds fabulous. In the 1890s my great-grandfather bought a Queen Anne on Magnolia Ave between Pico & Venice. Family legend has it that the street's mature magnolias were removed in the '20s (to be used on a movie set) and replaced with the ubiquitous palms.

I never lived in that house though four generations of my family did. My dad sold it in '68 for $29k with whatever antique furniture was left in it [ack!]. I last drove by in the late '80s and heard that it burned down shortly thereafter so I treasure the few photos I have of it. I hope that block is enjoying a renaissance as well!

 
At 6:40 AM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so glad your time was well spent. Last time I had jury duty I was in school, so I did a lot of reading! The wristies are looking great! I'm sure the recipients will love them!

 
At 7:46 AM PST, Blogger Sachi said...

It's funny.... LA County allows knitting needles (I don't know about criminal court though. If you actually get seated they might make you give them up.) but here, in Po Dunk, they'll take away your straight needles and steel hooks.

I work in the courthouse and, the other day, a security guard chased me down to ask me if the aluminum hook he found belonged to me. I guess I've developed a reputation. *grin*

 
At 12:24 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Love. Thai. Elvis.

Jury duty with knitting is almost bearable. Glad you were able to keep your needles. Whew.

Yay. Wristys are orphans no longer!

Happy weekend.

 
At 8:16 PM PST, Blogger Lulu said...

dont always comment but love reading to see whats going on with you in LA....YOu always seem to do or see such nice things..
have a great weekend..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery