Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mini Field Trip

Oh yeah...we went on a BIG field trip yesterday to the Griffith Park Observatory and Hollyhock House. I'll be talking about that later in the week.
Today, I was on my own. Yippee! I drove down to Gardena and checked out the Let's Knit Yarn Shop, 16126 S. Western Ave., Gardena. They have an amazing selection of Noro yarn. Also, they have the new Noro Sock Yarn! It's positively gorgeous. Of course, everyone knows that I'm collecting yarn for my retirement. I picked up some Silk Garden Light and some sock yarn.

After visiting with the ladies at Let's Knit I drove further south on Western Avenue into Torrance to the Mitsuwa Marketplace for lunch and a little more shopping. Lunch was a divine bowl of udon noodles and some cream brulee'. I picked up some great little crochet and knit magazines at the Japanese bookstore inside the Marketplace.
An excellent afternoon!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:42 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Oh thank you much for the info on that yarn shop in Gardena! I have to go over to the mainland to take a final exam soon and the closest testing locations are either in Anaheim or Gardena. I think you've helped me make the decision!

 
At 5:49 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Now I can buy yarn (mmm Noro) near work, lol!

 
At 11:04 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Yummy yarn colors--sooo Ellen! No way you could leave those beauties in the shop! And hmmm, a source for Japanese craft magazines nearby, huh? I've been ordering mine from Japan, but maybe I need to check out some of the local markets. There's a big Japanese market in San Gabriel, and I've already been to Marukai in W. Covina.

 
At 6:59 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Fun! How's the Noro sock yarn? (somehow I can't get over the fear that it'll be scratchy....)

Imho it's very practical of you to be saving yarn for retirement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery