Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Improvements

Thru the back window screen...
Acres of weeds and old cars, looking toward the Studio

This past Saturday Larry and I drove out to Pasadena to visit our architect, Greg Kacheoff. About 5 years ago, Greg designed our new and improved garage and studio for us. It's working out beautifully, so when we decided to add a master bedroom and bath to our very small 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1927-era house, Greg was the first one we called.

Concrete Driveway Rubble, ready for removal

We've been working on the interior design of this addition for months. Greg came out to our house, took photos, measurements, etc. Through the miracle of computers, we've been able to do most of our design discussion via the internet. On Saturday, however we wanted to talk about the exterior elevations, so we made the trip to Greg's office.

Digital Designing

It was so easy to change windows, doorways, rooflines, etc. with the architectural computer program that Greg uses. I love computers. We've finalized the exterior design, now we're waiting for the official plans. Then, it's off to the permit office, downtown! Once we get our permits, I need to call a few contractors and get some bids.

Larry & Greg, Pasadena

Woo Hoo! I'm going to have my own bathroom and a bigger closet!! Of course, this probably will take a year to finish. Double Woo Hoo! More room for yarny pursuits.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:33 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations my dear. You deserve the house of your dreams!

Christine G.

 
At 5:13 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Hmmm, I'll email you the phone # for my contractor! After all, we can suffer together!!

 
At 5:23 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

Wow -- I admire you for putting up with a one-bathroom house. If anything happens to the plumbing in a one-bath house, you're the up the creek without a paddle.
I'm also impressed that you live in a 1927-era house. I live in a 1950's house remodeled to within an inch of its life, and it definitely has age problems.

 
At 6:40 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

So exciting! May the home repair fairies sprinkle you with happy renovation dust!

 
At 9:30 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

How exciting and fun! I'm oh so familiar with old buildings but not in good ways I guess!

 
At 7:10 PM PST, Blogger Nicola Monat-Jacobs said...

I hope this means that your new bedroom window will NOT be within shouting distance of my parents porch - I feel for you whenever I visit! =)

 
At 11:29 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Nicola! You are hilarious! NOTE for readers....Nicola grew up next door to us. She lives in NY now, but her parents are still next door.

We LOVE living next door to you guys! It's only noisy in the summer, when everyone's windows are open. For our new bedroom, the plan is to build closets on the side of the house next to your folks' place! LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery