Thursday, February 28, 2008

Travelin'

Photobucket
Today, I'm preparing for our trip to San Francisco tomorrow....washing clothes, packing, updating the cosmetics case, etc. It's so nice to be at home, putterin' about on a WEEKDAY!
Part of our preparations include placing some sort of visual I.D. on our suitcases. Once upon a time, I had a hard suitcase that I painted with roses, vines, skeletons and cactus. Of course, it got all scratched up in baggage handling, but I could sure see it when it slid down the baggage carousel!
Today, I did some minimal handle crochet on our bags. Larry's got some Gucci-esque striped markers and my suitcase got a little flower-power action. We are, after all, visiting S.F.
Photobucket
See you at the WeHo SnB tonight! Let me know if you have any special S.F. things for us to experience.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:55 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green Apple Books...loved this bookstore! http://www.greenapplebooks.com/cgi-bin/mergatroid/index.html

And I love love love your ID markers.

Have fun you hipsters!
Christine G.

 
At 2:45 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

Nice luggage markers! Welcome to my neck of the woods. I live on the peninsula now, but I'm a native San Franciscan and still love S.F.
Some of the streets I like to wander around in that are a little off the beaten path are 16th street in Noe Valley, Irving St. in the inner sunset (near UCSF) and Union St. in the cow hollow district. They're all great for people watching.

 
At 4:06 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I concur with Betty on Irving St in Sunset. That's where Nick lives...it's a very cool area with cute cafes, boutiques, etc.

Christine G.

 
At 5:02 PM PST, Blogger Kristine said...

Happy anniversary! But I don't think you'll be needing any earflap hats this weekend, it is GORGEOUS today.

 
At 8:09 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you hit Irving Street, and you like Indian food, be sure to try my favorite dive - Naan & Curry.

As a SF native myself, I agree with Betty's choices and would only add wandering around the Mission District to her list - and don't forget to stop for a burrito at Taqueria Can-Cun.

Have fun, and happy anniversary!

 
At 3:40 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Happy anniversary you two! Have fun in SF.

There's the new(ish) De Young, burritos the size of your head at Pancho Villa (16th and Mission), Artfibers on Sutter (very close to Chinatown - drinks at Li Pos after to celebrate your fiber haul), mai tais at the Tonga Room or at seedy Trad'r Sam's out in the Aves...North Beach is always great: City Lights! Cafe Trieste! (or any of the espresso cafes)

 
At 11:09 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I might have to do something similar before my next flight....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery