Friday, February 22, 2008

Yarn-a-rama-a-go-go!

Swapping Fun
Last night was our WeHo SnB Yarn and Cookie Swap. It was fantastic.


In the words of our hostess, Natalie: "Last night we had an amazing turnout and we had lots of fun. Thank you everyone for bringing lots and lots of yarn and yummy, yummy, treats! Our yarn donations went to Karyn Newbill and Emily Lopez. Karen works with students at Palisades Charter High School and Emily has 3 knitting groups at public libraries across LA. Karen and Emily went home with bags of yarn for their knitting students & there was even enough yarn for a donation to Stitches from the Heart!!!I Thank you to everyone for their generosity of yarn, goodies, and spirit. You all done good!" Natalie Y.



Karyn Newbill posted last night: "Hey everyone,I just got home from a fabulous night at the WeHo SnB. Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming and for all of the yummy cookies and treats. Biggest thank you for the 3 gigantic bags of "teaching yarn" (as Ellen was calling it) that we lugged out to my car. Emily and I split up the yarn donations and I look forward to doling out the treasures tomorrow in knitting class. I'll take my camera so I can post some pics of the kids with their new yarn. I will drop the rest of the yarn off at Stitches From the Heart tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again and I hope to see all of you again next Thursday." Karyn N.
Emily Lopez writes: "Thanks to everyone who organized and contributed to last night's wonderful event. Today I will sort through and divide up the donations I received for the 3 public library stitching clubs I'm involved with - Hyde Park Branch in south central, El Sereno Branch in east L.A. and Valley Plaza branch in North Hollywood. I'm so excited to have supplies, and I know the members of the clubs will be very appreciative! Many thanks." Emily
Needless to say, we had a great yarn and cookie-fueled time! Not only did many of us come home with some beautiful new fuzziness, we felt good about donating yarn to knitters who, in turn, will knit for various charitable organizations.
Speaking of charitable organizations, have you "Knit for the Cure" yet? I CROCHETED for the cure. I'll be dropping off my FAN-tastic scarf at Wild Fiber today. Information about donations for this worthy cause is here.
Have a great weekend. Think pink!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:45 PM PST, Blogger Kyle William said...

looks like you had a great time! email me - I think I have some yarn I'd like to donate to a cause - and sounds like you have some good contacts that might be able to use it :)

 
At 2:15 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much Kyle...I'll contact you thru your ravelry page!

Ellen B.

 
At 5:42 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Yarniness and cookieness! What a perfect combination.

 
At 7:17 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous scarf! what's the yarn, what's the pattern and/or stitch?

Molly

 
At 3:30 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Molly,
Thanks for the yarn compliments. The yarn is Paton's Soy Wool Stripes. The pattern is a bookmark pattern, found here: http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

 
At 11:31 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Speaking of WF, a needle emergency got me out of the house on Saturday, and I found that EVERYTHING (good) you've said about the new management is true.

Also, did you know Addi Lace come in sizes US 6 - 9? Neither did I, but they have 'em there.

 
At 7:15 AM PDT, Anonymous how to videos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:28 AM PDT, Anonymous lace front wig said...

That is such a pretty scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery