Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Auntie Frances

I gave Auntie Frances a crocheted scarf
A few weeks ago we celebrated my Auntie Frances' 88th birthday! My Uncle Mort (90) hosted us for a lovely brunch at Del Rey Yacht Club. Believe it or not, Aunt Frances still knits! She used to help me with my knitting when I was a little girl. She has also given me many of her vintage knitting pattern magazines and books during the past 45 years.
I love getting together with my cousins. Since we're all very close in age and grew up in LA, we spent lots of time together as kids.

Larry with my cousins: JoEllen, Barbara, Amie

The next generation: Ben, MaHong, Mike
Uncle Mort, Auntie Frances, Ellen B.

Larry
Knit on, Auntie!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:44 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Happy Birthday, Auntie Frances! (I just can't get over how perfectly Larry's cardigan suits him. Well done!)

 
At 5:55 PM PST, Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

That green cardigan has my vote for most awesome hand knit EVER! It's super cool

 
At 9:03 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

What a fantastic picture of you and your Aunt! I love her hair! She doesn't look a day over 60. You have fabulous genes in you famiglia. And Larry looks smashing in his cardie!

 
At 10:25 AM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Joining in the wishes for another great year for Auntie Frances! It gives me hope to know that she's still knitting--maybe there will be time to use all my yarn, huh?

 
At 1:58 PM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Happy Birthday to your Auntie Frances! May she keep on knitting for many more years to come:)

 
At 3:45 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

All y'all look great, but Larry. Wow. I know he appreciates you, but that sweater is AMAZING. On many different levels. :)

 
At 6:46 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's redundant at this point, I know, but I just have to tell you how fantastic Larry's cardigan turned out! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery