Friday, March 14, 2008

Vacation in L.A.

Weekend Reading Material
Even though we got back from our long weekend in San Francisco two weeks ago, I'm still in a vacation frame of mind. I want to be on vacation. The weather is great. I've got spring fever. Unfortunately, there's this time-consuming blockage to vacation time called work. So, this weekend we're going on vacation in Los Angeles.
Tonight, we're trying a new-to-us restaurant in Los Angeles. Tomorrow, we're going to the Skirball Museum to see the Bob Dylan exhibit as well as this one and this one. Tomorrow night, we're going to the Dangerous Curve Gallery downtown LA to see an art show by our friend, Stuart Rapeport. Sunday, breakfast with the folks in the Marina. All that running around should give me a vacation-like feeling this weekend.
In my down-time, I'll be reading "Knitting New Mittens & Gloves" by Robin Melanson. It's never too early to start knitting gifts for next Chanukah and Christmas. Here, in Los Angeles, we can really only wear mittens and gloves for a few months out of the year. However, it does get chilly in the early mornings and evenings. This is a lovely book. The patterns range from easy to difficult. I'm most interested in the many wristwarmer patterns. You might remember that I made about 20 pairs of wristwarmers for this past year's holiday gifts. I kept knitting the same pattern over and over. I wish I'd had this book for reference. I definitely would have changed-up my basic pattern. Ooogle a few examples from the book...they're gorgeous!
Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:25 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Sounds like a great vacation weekend! I just found out the tile guys are arriving at 7 am, so I don't get to sleep in on Sat. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your reviews of the exhibits and the restaurants! Enjoy!!

 
At 11:12 PM PDT, Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

Those purple *lace up the back of the hand* ones are VERY cute!

Enjoy your fun-filled weekend. They fly by so fast, don't they? :sad:

 
At 12:45 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! I love traveling around L.A. with you w/o leaving the San Gabriel valley! I'm going to have to look for that book. I really like some of the designs.

 
At 6:59 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Our LYS is having the book launch for that book on Wednesday. If only vacation was a little longer. The yarn store is just around the corner. I wish you were here! I'll let the author know you like her stuff.

"Young and talented designer ROBIN MELANSON is launching her first book, Knitting New Mittens & Gloves, at In the Loop Cafe, 1024 St Clair West in Toronto, on Wednesday March 19th, from 7-9 pm.

Join us for a casual evening of tasty appetizers, wobbly pops, book signing and nerdy speeches (which will be kept to a minimum as she promises).

if you are on Facebook, check out the Facebook event Robin Melanson's Book Launch Party, http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9534994108. Feel free to invite your friends."

 
At 1:25 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

That restaurant looks too cute! How was it? I saw "Waitress" last night and I'm in the mood for pie and diners.
Those gloves! Wow. I want to see them when you get started.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery