Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In Idyllwild

On my way up to mile-high Idyllwild today I stopped in Redlands at a very nice little yarn shop called The Yarn Deli. I happened on a sale too! Everything in the shop was at least 20% off and some yarns as much as 50% off. Even on a very hot day in a sizzling town, the yarn shop was crowded and ladies were buying WOOL! I picked up some more Noro Kureyon #182. You just can't have too much of #182. The Noro was 20% off. The prices at the Yarn Deli are a tad more than similar stores in L.A., but the Noro was still a good deal. I also purchased 3 skeins of a yarn I'd never seen before called Ashford Tekapo 100 gm Pure New Zealand Wool @ 50% off. The ladies at the Yarn Deli even gave me a hand-knitted sachet and a store ball point pen along with my purchase. Nice place!
I reached Idyllwild at about 2pm. It must be at least 20 degrees cooler up here than down at the base of the mountain. Perfect.

The Idyllwild Inn

After driving around a bit and re-orienting myself with the place, I checked into the Idyllwild Inn. Very cute place. I'm in a room called "Summer." The town looks much the same as it did when I was a camper up here over 30 years ago, except there are many more "new age" type gift shops. I couldn't find anyplace that sold Idyllwild postcards!

The Village of Idyllwild
I had dinner at the Cafe Aroma. It was delightful....good food and live jazz. More sight-seeing tomorrow and later in the evening I'm meeting up with the Idyllwild SnB group!
View of Mount Tahquitz from the Village

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 10:19 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Idyllwild SnB? You are so hooked up! The Inn looks so cute. I want to get my pine on. I gotta get to the woods. It looks so good.

 
At 12:31 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - it looks like a great place! And I love the colours in that Ashford yarn you bought.

 
At 6:44 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

What a beautiful place. Hope you have a perfect time!

 
At 8:50 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Aaah, my blood pressure dropped 10 points blissing out on your photos...hope you're having a relaxing, lovely time! (are you getting your chakras cleaned while you're there? hee)

I'm thinking an Idyllwild knitting retreat might be fun....

 
At 9:47 AM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

I've never been to Idyllwild, and your photos make me think I may need to visit. And that wool looks fabulous. Have a great time!

 
At 3:53 PM PDT, Blogger Becka said...

Hey from Becka from the Commenting on Blogs Train from Ravelry!!!
What a lovely little town!
And a great yarn shop! Makes me want to do some yarn shopping - although, I could knit for several years on my stash yarn alone...I'm trying a yarn diet, but there are so many new yarns coming out that it's very difficult!! I MUST get some of the new yummies @ my favorite place...SWTC!!!

 
At 4:07 PM PDT, Blogger Sheila said...

wow,the wool is beautiful and photos are awesome, I'm sheila from raverly train comment and I enjoyed ur blog thank you....

 
At 5:52 PM PDT, Blogger Stitch Markers 4 U said...

Is that SNOW on the mountain top?! OMG! I would love to be there right now. It was 95 here today! I think I am a little shorter than I was this morning due to melting!!!

*giggles*

From your friend over at the Commenting Train StitchMarkers4U!

 
At 7:18 PM PDT, Blogger Angie said...

Great pictures! We can always use more yarn when there is a sale.

 
At 7:44 PM PDT, Blogger Bianca said...

Wow! I love the mountain view... It looks you had fun in the yarn store ;-)

 
At 3:51 PM PDT, Blogger Patricia said...

Enjoyed your post on Idyllwild. I smiled when I saw you also ate at Cafe Aroma! BTW...there is a new shop in town that has a "limited" amount of Bernat yarn...and another shop that had STACKS of scarves knit by the owner and were selling for $38 each. So there is hope for employment in our old age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery