Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vacation is Over

"Pinkie" by Thomas Lawrence @ Huntington Library
That's it. Today is the last day of my 2-week vacation. I must say, it's been heavenly. On Friday, Larry and I visited the Huntington Library in San Marino. We wanted to see the current photo exhibit, "This Side of Paradise. Body and Landscape in L.A. Photographs.
It was an excellent exhibit, beautifully displayed and all-encompassing. After the photo exhibit, we walked over to Huntington's Mansion to see some of the regular collection. Of course, we had to go into the grand hall to see Pinkie and Blue Boy. Then I hit the fantastic gift shop while Larry toured the cactus garden. The entire estate has been refurbished and it is magnificent. We skipped the Chinese Garden because it was just too hot to walk around much.
After a few hours, we drove over to Twoheys for a much-needed lunch. I used to live in Highland Park (ancient history...way back in the late '70's), so Twohey's has always been a fave. It was divine. We even saw a few people we'd seen at the Huntington chowing down on burgers, fries and milkshakes!


Back to work tomorrow!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:11 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

It looks like you've really enjoyed yourself over the past two weeks Ellen. I've really enjoyed reading about everywhere you went, and everything you did. I can't wait for your next vacation!!

 
At 7:39 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Ahhh, stay-cations! Sounds like you had such a lovely time.

You were right across the street from me at Twohey's! Funny, that's twice recently I've heard how good it is, but N and I got take out from there the night we moved into this house over 6 years ago. And, the nicest thing I can say is that it was adequate. Actually not very good. We've never been back. Maybe we should give it another whirl.

 
At 11:25 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I love the Huntington.
The self-portrait of you and Larry in the mirror above the mantel is my favorite. I have never even heard of twohey's but that shake is very inviting.

 
At 10:34 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Sounds like you've had a great vacation, but what's the cliche? Like all good things....

What did you think of the photography exhibit? It caught my eye when I read about it in the paper, and thanks for reminding me about it; might have to drag Tom to it one of these weekends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery