Thursday, February 26, 2009

Calendar

If you are lucky enough to have pre-registered for Stitches West in Santa Clara, California, congratulations! This weekend there is a yarn-a-rama-a-go-go happenin' there! I won't be attending this year, but I have in the past and it's a blast! If you can travel up the coast, you may not be able to get into any of the classes, but you can attend the Market! It's awesome!
I have a private knitting party to attend in Burbank on Saturday morning, then I'll be zooming across the City to see my Fairview Knitter friends in Santa Monica in the afternoon.
Also on Saturday, just in case you haven't had enough of Mardi Gras, one of my fave restaurants in this fair City, Uncle Darrow's, is having a Mardi Gras benefit party with music on Saturday! The gumbo at Uncle Darrow's is sublime! AND, if you go you simply must try their shrimp po-boy sandwich!
Esotouric is conducting an interesting tour on Saturday: Tom Waits' LA: Crawling Down Cahuenga.
If you're a fan of mob movies, the "Godfather" trilogy is screening at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, part of the American Cinematheque.
Undiscovered Chinatown is held on the first Saturday of every month: The L.A. Chinatown Business Improvement District offers a monthly trek through the alleyways and courtyards of Chinatown.
This is the final weekend to view the Crocheted Coral Reef at Track 16 Gallery, Bergamot Station, Santa Monica. Don't miss it!
Here's an event to sign up for NOW: The Modern Committee of the L.A. Conservancy's tour "City of Seekers: L.A. Spiritual Legacy. From the website: Los Angeles is home to a number of religious sites and organizations, many of which are deeply woven into the city’s history. “City of the Seekers” will celebrate this unique identity and the architecture that embodies it.
The Modern Committee ALWAYS puts on the BEST tours! We are definitely attending this one, even if it means I have to miss some knit groups!
Whatever you decide to do, hope you have a marvy weekend! If you have any other suggestions in and around the City of Los Angeles, please leave them in the "Comments" below!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:21 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Very cool stuff going on around town. I am not sure what kind of mischief I will be up to.

 
At 4:56 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, after seeing the pix, I *really* want to see the hyp crochet at Track 16. I'm going to really try and leave the cocoon... Baby steps...

A "private knitting party", huh? Sounds hoity-toity. :) Have fun!

 
At 6:25 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, I've been meaning to leave you a comment since we met at Fairview knitters. I love your blog, and always stop by to check out what's new @ town. Imagine my suprise when I saw my friend Joan's picture with you at Mardi Gras...small world. Jacki from MDR

 
At 8:53 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes wish that I lived in a city because there is always something to do. On the other hand, living in a sleepy little southern town (only 3 hours from New Orleans!), has it's advantages. No gangs, very little crime, slow relaxed pace, not afraid to walk down town at night alone, and every body knows everybody. Have fun this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery