Friday, February 27, 2009

Modernica - 20th Anniversary

The Eames Shell Chair, Re-Imagined by Artist, Peter Shire
Did Those Crazy Legs!
Last night we missed the WeHo SnB so we could attend the 20th Anniversary celebration at one of our fave furniture and accessories stores, Modernica. Owner, Frank Novak, invited everyone to see new Eames shell chairs re-imagined by artist, Peter Shire and paintings by Amy Shock.
We had a great time visiting with friends and trying out all of the chairs! I love the new legs that Peter designed for the classic mid-20th century modern chair seat. He added slightly rococo curved wooden legs to the plastic molded seats. Brilliant! The wood brings the warmth of early-American design to the cool sleekness of the egg-shaped seats. Some of the chair legs are brown-wood in color and some are painted bright colors. I just love the marriage of the two styles. I'm considering purchasing one for our new bedroom!


After Modernica got too crowded, Larry, Mary Jo, Brit and I walked down the block to El Coyote for a delicious dinner. Yummmm...my fave...#4 combination, chile relleno, taco, rice and beans.
On the yarny front, I'm continuing work on my many projects. Being totally enamoured with the Noro Kureyon two-skein stripey thing, I thought that this method might also work with Patons Soy Wool Stripes yarn. I immediately picked up two skeins of the SWS and proceded to knit that scarf. Not so good. It just wasn't stripey enough. Sooooo, I remembered that this yarn felts really well, so I started to crochet a bag, alternating every row with a different colorway, double crochet stitches, size "I" hook. I'll keep working on this and possibly felt it over the weekend.
Have a good one!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

love the legs on those chairs. the original legs always get a little wonky after all the years.

I live the way your bag is striping. It looks like a cowl in the picture.

 
At 4:07 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that party was swell. and the chairs looked great!
b.

 
At 1:48 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Love that bag. The colors are so *rich*. I can't wait to see it felted, to see if they retain their vibrancy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery