Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One More WIP

Ella Rae Kasbah - Summer Slipover

WIP = Work In Progress. I'm loaded with these. I love to start projects. After working on them for awhile, I lose interest and they become WIPs, sitting in totebags around the house. I know you have some of these too!!
It's hot, I need some summer tops. Of course, I should have started working on summer tops in the winter and fall, not in the middle of summer. Luckily, summer lasts a very long time in Los Angeles. It doesn't start getting cool until middle or late October.
Last year, Mary Jo gave me some Ella Rae Kasbah Aran weight yarn. I love it. It's orangey. It's 51% cotton, 49% acrylic. I picked up my size 6 circs and cast on 76 stitches. I worked in the round, purling for the neckline for about 6 rows; switched to size 8 circs, worked in stockinet for 5 rows (increasing for sleeves every other row in my usual top-down method), switched to size 9 circs, purled one row. I continued the ridgey pattern for the yoke; held the sleeve stitches when they were the proper size and joined the body.
Sleeve Increase Detail and Ridgey Yoke
Now I'm doing boring stockinet stitch for the remainder of the slipover. I may do some sort of lacy border at the bottom of the piece. Later, I'll pick up the sleeve stitches and make them a bit longer. Hopefully, I'll finish this before the end of summer. Then, I can get back to some of my other WIPs!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that yarn. I have some in lime green. The orange is great.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:23 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

that yarn is GORGEOUS!

 
At 9:28 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Ooooo..love the color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery