Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What Are These?

Huh?

We were at Ikea a few weeks ago, looking at headboard ideas for our bedroom. I came across these "sock pillows" in the children's department. What in the world are these used for? I can't imagine that a baby could balance while learning to stand on this thing! Enlighten me, please.

Traipsing around Ikea can be exhausting, so we had to stop in the uber-modern cafeteria for our Swedish meatball lunch. Delicious!
Ikea Cafeteria

Swedish Meatballs w/Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Lingonberries

Happy Shopper

We saw some interesting headboard options at Ikea. I particularly like this Japanese-inspired wall of wooden slats. Shelves can be inserted for various objects. Interesting idea.
Near our house we spotted an upholstery shop on Pico Boulevard with this FABULOUS tufted Princess headboard in the window. Oooooooooo! It's so Barbie.

Addendum: The lovely and clever Christine found out about those crazy pillows:

From Designer Maria Vinka: “My hands and feet are always cold, which iswhy I bury my feet under a pile of pillows whenI lie on the sofa. The thought struck me that itwould be nice to bury my feet inside the pillow,so they would be totally surrounded by thewarm filling. Once I came up with the idea for BARNSLIG pillow, the only thing to do was tocut holes and sew on cuffs. Then I put extra effortinto decorating the pillows, because I wanted them to look like ordinary decorative pillows as well!”

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 12:16 PM PDT, Blogger Faith said...

They're to keep their little feetsies warm!

 
At 12:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Faith---I second that!

Christine G.

 
At 1:28 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been eating the food of my people.
Brit

 
At 3:13 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pillow things look like an accident waiting to happen. I can just imagine what would happen if a little kid who is new to walking was wearing one of those and decided to take a few steps. I suspect it would end in stitches and tears!

 
At 3:17 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That looks crazy. What is that? Maybe it's easier to smother people that way. I have been watching too much CSI. lol.

 
At 4:23 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for all the comments, Kids. OK, now I'm thinking that maybe this is for CRAWLING babies. They put their little fists into the sock sleeves and then when they're crawling around they have the pillow to cushion their tummies. ??? I don't know!?

 
At 5:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://193.108.42.168/repository/documents/1538.pdf

From the designer!!!!!!

Christine G.

 
At 5:29 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, see page 26 of the document I posted above.

Christine G.

 
At 7:52 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

IKEA lunch? One of the best values around. I love the Swedish Meatballs, too!

 
At 5:58 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Ok, I'm not so sur ethe designer was on the mark with her litle foot pillows but that slatted headboard wall is a great idea.

 
At 9:57 AM PDT, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I love the slatted headboard but they get you because the one they have in store is actually 3 positioned together, 1 on its own doesnt look so great.

 
At 1:13 PM PDT, Anonymous Jill B. said...

You can make your own using this free Berroco Footsie Pillow pattern! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/footsie-pillow (Ravelry link. Can also be found on the Berroco site). Very silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery