Friday, October 23, 2009

SnB Fun

I always enjoy hangin' out with my WeHo SnB group. For the uniniated, that's the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch at the Original Farmers Market, every Thursday night from 7-9pm in the upstairs dining area. We do have a good time knitting, crocheting, embroidering, needlepointing and generally talking about yarn, patterns and more!
From L to R: Erin, Sarah (behind the pole),
We had a smallish group last night, about 15 ladies. NEXT WEEK is our annual Halloween Spooktacular Party, the Stitch 'n Witch! We usually have WAAAAY more people at the Halloween party.
Erin, Sarah, Lori, Meri

Once again, here are the details: Thursday, October 29, 7-9 pm at the Original Farmer’s Market, 3rd & Fairfax in the dining room upstairs from Kip’s Toyland. The annual costume contest will feature VAMPIRES! Vamps are all the rage, so we will have a best vampire costume category. The other two categories are: Best Use of Yarn, and Most Creative Costume. There will be prizes! This is always a great night for us SnBer’s who love to get creative! So if you are new, come on out if you have been AWOL, come on back if you are in the neighborhood. Maybe bring some treats to share and most definitely bring your creative spirit.
So, last night Leah was knitting her Fair Isle vest in Kauni yarn. It's a standout! We were all admiring her work. Isn't it gorgeous?
Leah's Fair Isle Vest
I'm in love with that Kauni yarn! It's got long color runs, similar to Noro Kureyon. The yarn is DK weight and positively amazing. Little Knits is having a sale, by the way! Each skein shown has MANY colors of yarn! It's truly magnificent.

Leah and Brenda


Brenda, Bridget and Denise

See how much fun we have? Sorry I didn't get a photo of everyone last night! I think you should join us and bring your camera! See you next Thursday! Have a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Donna said...

I love these kind of groups. We have a sewing group that meets on Wednesday mornings...we have as many as 12 to show up...sometimes more...sometimes less. Everyone is working on different things. Most are working on quilting projects but not always. I have learned so much from this group. I call it therapy!

 
At 4:57 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Dude. I had no idea cameras were involved!! {{facepalm}} Although, I warned WMG and her pops that if I do make it to the Halloween event, to NOT expect me home before she goes to bed!!

 
At 10:04 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Yay! I love our group and cannot wait until next week!

 
At 12:39 AM PDT, Blogger Isadora53 said...

Hello from Sweden ! I’m 68 years old and I love Knitting! When I saw your beautiful fair isle vest I just felt in love. Can I have/by pattern from you? Best regards Maite

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery