Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gussied Up

I'm on vacation for a few days! Yayyyyy!

Tomorrow my friend, Gale is coming to visit. Gale is from the east coast and has some photo assignments here in Southern California. I'm really looking forward to her visit. We became friends through Ravelry, have read and commented on each other's blogs and have definitely made a connection thru yarn and art! On Friday I'll be assisting her on a photo shoot. I've assisted Larry a few times, so I know what to expect. I've also been style consultant on a few of Larry's CD cover photo shoots. My old radio partner, John "Juke" Logan credited me as "Mistress of Stylistics" on one of his CDs!Sooooooo, we've been readying our house for Gale. It's quite habitable, we just needed to scrub up a bit. All of the flowers are blooming outside. The Granny Square Suite is ready. Larry has been working on replacing the trim around our front door. Now that the weather is nicer, I'm hoping that our house and trim will be painted this summer. We also have plans to add some new front steps and do a bit of landscaping. Nothing like having visitors to inspire home improvements!
Gale is coming with me to the WeHo SnB tomorrow night. I hope you join us!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:08 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Your Granny Square Suite could almost be mistaken for Attic24. Heart-skippy Happy!

Have fun with Gale.

 
At 7:10 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

The suite looks colorful and cozy. Hope to make it to the knit group this Saturday.

 
At 7:37 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Jean! The once-a-month WeHo SnB is not this Saturday...it's May 8th. Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the house compliments!

 
At 10:41 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Granny Square Suite..I love it!

Looking forward to Gale's visit too.

 
At 11:57 AM PDT, Blogger Kim Burk said...

The cardigan is beautiful on you! Thanks for giving us such detail on the construction. It might help us all to personalize patterns for ourselves in the future. You are so creative!

But tell me, with a professional photographer in the house, why are you taking your own photo? Ha Ha!

 
At 11:58 AM PDT, Blogger Kim Burk said...

Oops! Meant to leave that comment on your previous post about the cardigan!

I love your granny square room! I want to move in!

 
At 6:46 AM PDT, Anonymous Molly said...

LOVE the granny square suite. How can a craft that's kind of old-fashioned make a room look so hip and modern? Great color choices!

 
At 6:06 AM PDT, Anonymous Alice Van-Weed said...

i like the throw pillows..they're colorful and full of design

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery