Monday, November 29, 2010

A-Frame Restaurant

On Friday, on our way back from visiting relatives in Playa del Rey, Larry and I stopped at the new A-Frame Restaurant for an early dinner. We got there at 5:45. By 6pm, the place was packed!
I'd read quite a bit about Roy Choi's and David Reiss's new place. Roy Choi is the Kogi Taco Truck guy and also owns Chego on Overland Ave. in Palms. David Reiss is the bar guy behind the Alibi Room and The Brig in Venice.
A-Frame is in an old International House of Pancakes Restaurant on the stretch of Washington Blvd. that is really Mar Vista, but is officially Culver City. It's called "A-Frame" due to the shape of the old IHOP building.


The food is fascinating. All kinds of interesting combos. The menu is supposed to be finger food, but there are utensils on each table just in case you want to keep your hands clean.

Furikake Kettle Corn
Blue Crab Cakes
Clam Chowder
Warm Corbread and Chicken Salad

We sat at a table for six people. There was another couple on the other end, with a chair between us. By 6:15, all six seats were filled at our table. I do like this arrangement. You get to see what the other people are eating, sometimes even get a taste! It's a very friendly atmosphere. The full bar was hoppin' by the time we left. There's also a patio with heaters outside, in addition to a fire pit. A-Frame is a very cool hang.For nostalgia's sake, I even overheard someone trying to order the "Rooty Tootie Fresh 'n Fruity." A-Frame 12565 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA (310) 398-7700

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:25 PM PST, Blogger jenna! said...

I adore A-Frame. I've been there twice so far, once with a full table of us and once sharing a table with others. The food is so good I always make the mistake of ordering far too much and then eating all of it! :-) Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.

 
At 5:48 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

Oooh, I wish I lived down in L.A.-land. I saw the Kogi truck on the Food Network, and that A-Frame food looks great.

 
At 8:22 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

That place looks awesome! Can't wait to go. Thanks for the report.

 
At 8:57 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

I want to go! Leon and I will definitely have to check it out.

 
At 9:08 AM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm thinking that kettle corn needs to be one with my tummy.

 
At 2:21 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Oh, looks great. Thank you for sharing - I will have to try it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery