Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Paul Frank Characterrific!


Saturday night, after dinner at El Cholo, we zoomed down to Santa Monica to the Copro Gallery at Bergamot Station. Paul Frank has a new line of characters through his new company, Park La Fun, that he was showing at the Gallery. Paul hasn't owned any of his old characters, Julius the Monkey, Ellie the Elephant or Clancy the Giraffe since 2005. His new characters are really fun and creative! Paul hand-sews all of his artwork!
Naturally, I was captivated by Paul's accessories line. There are handbags, wallets, small coin purses, watchbands and more.

I couldn't help myself. Even though I'm over-budget this month, I had to purchase one of the big handbags. They are signed and numbered. Paul only made 150 of them. Of course, I bought an orange one!!!
Paul was really nice and very accessible. It was a pleasure to meet such a creative and amazing artist!!
Artist, Paul Frank, holding my fancy-schmancy new handbag

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Great choice on the bag- I'd have a hard tme resisting that too. Paul Frank lokos like a sweetie.

 
At 5:35 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The other day when I tried to read this post, there were no pictures. It's much better with pictures. That guy is creative and I love your new bag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery