Thursday, July 21, 2011

Food-stravaganza!


Oy! Alka-Seltzer, take me away! My birthday was one long food-extravaganza! I was taken out to breakfast, lunch and dinner by dear friends and family!! Only one more celebration on Sunday with my Yarny Grrlz..Woo Hoo! Yes, I do like to stretch out my birthday for as long as possible!
See the slide show below for the foodie highlights! On Monday, Rhoda took me for dinner to Mezze, the new Mediterranean restaurant on La Cienega that S. Irene wrote about in the LA TImes Food section today! That Rhoda is soooo au courant! We had a dvine time eating flatbread with broccoli, feta and olives; divine chopped liver w/grapes and carmelized onions; zucchini with some sort of grain; for dessert poached pears and pistachio ice cream. Wow! Faboo!
Tuesday, I met my sweet cousin Amie for lunch at Mendocino Farms in Marina del Rey. We both had the MOST divine salads! The place is a zoo at lunchtime, but we arrived early and snagged a table.
Tuesday night, Joan and I had a late dinner at Grub in Hollywood. I do love this place. It's hidden away among the sound recording studios in Hollywood in a small converted house with a pleasant patio. We each had a cup of soup and then split a mushroom burger. Really delicious.
After a morning and early afternoon of indulgent shopping, Larry and I zoomed downtown on Wednesday (my actual b-day) to check out the Grammy Museum at the L.A. Live complex. It's a beautiful museum, very well-done and full of interesting music info, photos, videos and memorabilia. Outside the Staples Center there was a group from PETA protesting the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus set to open soon. They were chanting and waving signs about all of those sad elephants!

THEN, we drove up to Union Station and had a fantastic dinner at Traxx, inside the train station. We sat on the patio and enjoyed perfect weather along with Caesar salad, crab cakes w/remoulade sauce and Alaskan cod on a bed of quinoa w/ asparagus and baby tomatoes in some sort of yummy sauce. We saw a group of L.A. Conservancy friends inside the dining room, enjoying a post-Last Remaining Seats supper.

Click here to view these pictures larger

All in all, my birthday was really wonderful. I'm looking forward to the final celebration on Sunday with the Yarny Grrlz!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery