Monday, September 26, 2011

Vogue Knitting Live

The beautiful and ultra-modern Century Plaza Hotel,
Minoru Yamasaki, Architect. 1966


Vogue Knitting Live at the Century Plaza Hotel in Century City, LA this weekend was really fun. I zoomed over on Saturday, just to case the joint and check out the MarketPlace. I saw many familiar faces. I had other things to do on Saturday, so my visit was brief. On Sunday, I met up with my Sometimes Sunday Crochet Group and we really spent time perusing all of the booths in the MarketPlace.

Knitters and Crocheters poised for a yarny fashion show

There were some excellent yarn deals offered. None of us NEEDS more yarn, but some of the deals were difficult to pass up. I ended up buying some beautiful yarn from Newton's Country Yarn, Leilani Arts, Sweet Georgia and the YarnPlace.com.

I'll be knitting one of these bags!

There were many classes, seminars and lectures offered. Fashion shows were held. There were knitters and crocheters all over the hotel, drinking, sitting and knitting. It was so nice to be totally surrounded by MY PEOPLE!

Free Form Crochet Sculpture

There were a few glitches that the Vogue people will have to iron out if they decide to return to Los Angeles, but on the whole, it seemed like a successful event.
You can see more photos, including many of my yarny friends, on my Facebook album page.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:18 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I love the bag you plan to knit. I knit one and unfortuntely I HATED it and would have never used it. Jennifer graciously gave me store credit for it and has kept it as a store sample. The shop next to her's in the Marketplace (from Seattle) had some really nice ones as well.

 
At 5:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Glad you had a good time! I zoomed in on that Camelspin yarn. Looks like it is $42/skein!? Wow. How many yards is it? Who could afford to make something with that???

 
At 8:22 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Seeing everybody's purchases is definitely making me want to go back and do another round around the marketplace!!! I am happy with the few purchases I made though. What a fun event!

 
At 8:49 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

ooh -- I'm jealous! We have Stitches West up here, but that Vogue Knitting Live sounds like a fun event. I was sort of contemplating flying down for a day, but I just could not motivate myself to do it.

 
At 10:37 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

Many thanks for your post, I wanted so badly to be in LA for this event but it was just not possible. I loved your pictures. Maybe it was a good thing that I hadn't a chance to be in the Marketplace!

 
At 11:37 AM PDT, Anonymous seasolitude said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures, especially the lady knitting with the huge needles. I sat with her and she let me knit a row on the scarf she was making, but I didn't get a picture. She was a riot!! loved the whole thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery