Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recent Inspiration

Travel-Ready Yarn

Oh! So many things to do before we leave for Honolulu tomorrow. In addition to packing, I have to get the house ready for our house-sitters. It's always great to have visitors, especially when we won't be here! I certainly hope our guests enjoy their mini-vacation in Mid-City, L.A.!! Thanks again for taking care of the homestead!
Now, which project to take on our trip? I want to take something involving, yet small-ish. Our knitting guild is having a Knit-Along / Crochet-Along with the patterns, Klamath (Crochet) Shawl and Multnomah (Knit) Shawl. I have a perfect little cake of Sweet Georgia Yarns, Lace Weight in a beautiful aqua that will be perfect for this shawl! I'm going to start Klamath on the plane.
Other recent inspirations, all patterns found on Ravelry.

Lagoon
Bacon and Eggs Pillow
Fringed Crown

What patterns have you found that inspire you?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

More patterns than I can get to have been inspiring me lately! Must be spring fever. Klamath looks wonderful. I'm obsessed with Flying Home shawl by Kat Coyle http://www.katcoyle.com/blog/2012/02/flying-home/and the Meadowlark Vest by Indigirlhttp://www.indigirl.com/blog/2012/02/knitting-spring-introducing-the-meadowlark-vest/
(Also, that same color of aqua/turquoise has been calling my name.) Safe travels!

 
At 10:00 AM PST, Anonymous Suze said...

Hi Ellen. That Sweet Georgia yarn is gorgeous. I am trying to make this: http://vannaschoice.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0577.html but, try as I might, I just can't get it to come out right. I really think the pattern has mistakes. I will try to channel my inner-Ellen and just work it out for myself. :D I hope you and Larry have a really safe and FABULOUS trip! Aloha!

 
At 10:50 AM PST, Blogger Z said...

Have fun Ellen!

I like that bacon and eggs pillow.

Mmmmm..bacon.

Reminds me of that bacon commercial for Jack in the Box. And the man is going to marry some bacon.

Cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery