Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Works In Progress (WIPs)

Yarn for 2014 Mardi Gras Hat for Mr. Larry
In this yarny world where I live we're always talking about WIPs, FOs, Frogging, LYSs and such.  Translations:  WIPs - Works in Progress; FOs - Finished Objects; Frogging - Ripping out, as in rrrib-et rrrrib-et frog sounds; LYS - Local Yarn Shop.  Yeah, we have our own lingo.
Well, I'm innundated with WIPs this week.  I'm working on a quickie afghan for a friend; thinking about a Mardi Gras hat for Larry; almost finished with my Valentine Swap project for my WeHo (West Hollywood) SnB (Stitch 'n Bitch) buddy; AND thinking about a few more Crocheted Mobius Cowls to show for the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Guild at our February meeting. I also joined the 2014 Mood Afghan group and am about 8 days behind on my squares.  Phew!


I'm rather excited about being a co-chair for the KAL / CAL (Knit-A-Long / Crochet-A-Long) for 2014 at the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Guild.  My co-chairs and I have come up with a knitted cowl and a crocheted mobius cowl for our Spring project.  We've all been working on samples to show the Guild at our February meeting.  My pattern choice of the Crocheted Mobius Cowl is really easy and takes no time to whip up, I just have to DO it!
THEN, the Ravellenic Winter Games are coming up!   This is an international project, hosted by Ravelry (Facebook for yarny folks) where you challenge yourself by starting and finishing one or more yarny projects during the 2014 Winter Olympic games.  Our WeHo SnB group has a team participating.  I have to decide and tag the projects I want to enter.  Oh the pressure!


So many projects, so little time!  Ack!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:02 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Great minds, Ellen! I just posted an updated list of my WIPs--I really don't think of them as UFOs. I will finish them, really I will. I even frogged the ones I wasn't in love with any more!

 
At 3:04 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh Marie! I will NEVER finish ALL of my WIPs. I keep telling myself when I finally retire, I'll be able to frog and re-WIP some of these devils I have lurking about!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery