Friday, November 28, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday - Leftovers



What to do with the remains of the turkey?  Shove turkey bits into every conceivable type of recipe you can imagine, that's what!  Even though I did not cook for our family Thanksgiving dinner, I'm currently simmering a nice pot of turkey soup on my stove!
I like turkey leftovers even more than I like the original dinner.  Turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey chili, turkey tetrazzini, turkey salad....the list is endless.  By the end of the week you are really glad to see that turkey over and done with!  Time for a nice, juicy steak.
Here are some links to a few of my fave turkey leftover recipes:
The turkey sandwich is the easiest.  Just smash some white meat, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mayo and lettuce into a soft roll or two slices of nice, fresh French bread and chow down.
Turkey Tetrazzini.  Substitute wide egg noodles for the spaghetti. 
Turkey Salad.  I like to add some green grapes or diced apples to this recipe.
Turkey Soup.  I also add a handful of Kasha (oat groats) to my soup for that haimishe or homey flavor.
Turkey Chili.  Just remember to add mas comino (cumin) to this dish.

We had a lovely family Thanksgiving feast yesterday at the Del Rey Yacht Club.  To see a few photos, click on this link.  
Yeah, right.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM PST, Blogger ken bloom said...

What we do is eat our way through the bird until we can't deal with it anymore and then I make my yearly Turkey soup/stew thing. Through the leftover bird is a BIG pot and boil until the bones are easy to fish out. Now add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms and few habinero peppers to unbland it all. After it's cooked for a while, dump in a good amount of barley and keep cooking. You'll know when it's done. This is dinner for several days and lunch for several weeks. Gepeto can now go back to his workshop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery