Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Valentine's Day is Approaching

Last Year's WeHo SnB Valentine Swap

Oooo....I just LOVE anything with hearts...heart shaped jewelry, heart candy, heart pillows and especially heart yarny stuff!
Of course, I do love celebrating with my sweetheart, Mr. Larry.  We usually create special Valentine's Day cards for each other and have a quiet dinner somewhere...not fancy.  But, I REALLY like celebrating with my West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch Group!  Our Cruise Director, Natalie, organizes the swap.  When we sign up with Natalie, we have to tell her if we'd like a hat, scarf or cowl.  Then, we have to let her know if we have any yarny / fiber allergies.  THEN, we can elect to tell her our favorite color family.  The default colors are red and pink in honor of Valentine's Day.  I know who I'm creating a gift for, but I do not know who is creating one for me.  Ooooo, so much mystery!  Of course, we are encouraged to add small bonus gifts along with our yarny goodness for our swap partner.  In years past, I've received a multitude of extras!  Also, many of us bring Valentine treats to share.  This year we'll be celebrating our Sixth Annual Valentine WeHo SnB Swap!

I've been running through my Ravelry favorites to see if I can find some heart-related patterns.  Here are a few excellent ones:
Sweet Heart Cushion (click for Ravelry pattern link)

#33 Heart Blanket by Noro
I'm in LOVE with this sweet little Granny Heart!

Do you have any special Valentine's Day plans this year?  It just so happens that Valentine's Day weekend is ALSO Mardi Gras weekend at the Original Farmers Market.  I'm guessing that I'll be having red beans and rice for my Valentine's dinner!  Bon Ton Roulet, ma cher!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery