Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Lace

Ellen's "Afternoon Tea" Shawl, Naturally Yarns of New Zealand

I was challenged to try my hand at knitting the lacy "Afternoon Tea" shawl at our El Segundo Slipt Stitcher's meeting in January. This was a Knit-A-Long with other members. The Crochet-A-Long pattern was "Southbay Shawlette." I've crocheted many different versions of this lacy crocheted shawl, along with similar patterns.  
Southbay Shawlette, Crocheted Shawl

I'm known primarily as a crocheter at the Guild. I guess I've been crocheting more than knitting during the past 5 years or so. HOWEVER, I have knit some lace-ish pieces too.
Some of the my knit lace pieces:
"February Lady Sweater" Knit Gull Lace Pattern

"Summer Flies" - Knit Lace Shawl

It was actually rather fun knitting "Afternoon Tea." The lace patterns are easy. I did have to concentrate and count more than I do in crochet, but the end product was worth it. A knitted piece is really more flexible and drapey than a crocheted one. Shawls are supposed to drape and flow. I'm intrigued by the prospect of knitting more lacy shawls. Here are a few patterns that pique my interest:
Kernel


Miss Lindy

Candle Flame

Have you knit anything lacey recently?  Inquiring minds need to know!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I'm knitting Aristida Shawl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aristida-shawl/people to wear to a wedding in Florida in a week or so. (fingers crosse dit'll be done). I love hte Afternoon tea pattern, I may have to knit that one too!
(It took me forever to choose what to knit, I seem to be picky about laces hawls).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery