Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Busy Yarn, Simple Pattern

Eyelet Lace Shawlette

One cannot have too many yarny projects in the works. We call these WIPs, "Works in Progress." Each time I receive or buy a new tote bag, I try to fill it with a half-done project.
I was given two skeins of this beautiful sock yarn for my birthday by my friend, Carol. This is Twist "Heavenly" sock yarn, hand-dyed. The content is 9% cashmere, 81% merino and 10% nylon. The color is "Happily Ever After."  I do love this yarn. I have been experimenting with it for a few months. I've tried crocheting it and knitting it. I even tried pairing it with an olive green yarn of similar weight. All of the patterns I've used are too complicated for this riot of color.
I finally found a pattern on Ravelry called Eyelet Lace Shawlette by TemptingEwe Designs. It's perfect! I love this simple stockinette stitch pattern with eyelets every few rows. Once this shawl is blocked, the eyelet lace will really be evident. I'm using size 4 needles and it's turning out beautifully!
Check out those cute little eyelets after blocking!

Thank you, Carol!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery