Monday, April 18, 2016

Yarn Crawl 2016


I really didn't participate in this year's Los Angeles County Yarn Crawl, but I did manage to visit two of my favorite shops on Sunday, in addition to knitting a bit with my West Adams peeps!
After having breakfast at Piper's Coffee Shop on Western Avenue, Larry accompanied me to one of my favorite little yarn shops in the City, The Little Knittery in Atwater Village.
This store is compact, but really packs a lot of color and texture into a small space.  The shop was busy with shoppers on a hot Sunday afternoon. All of the store displays are so inviting! There are a lot of weaving and macrame examples too.
Chunky Knits are very popular right now
Shawl Pattern Giveaway for the Crawl

Cat, the Queen of the Little Knittery

Knitter, Pattern Designer and Jewelry Maker, Edna Hart. Edna is wearing one of Tina Marrin's needle-felted dogs!
Larry had a delightful one-sided conversation with a model at The Little Knittery
Yes, I bought something at The Little Knittery.  I'm obsessed with the Kauni Effektgarn. I bought a huge skein in a mulberry color way.
I dropped Larry at home and proceeded to the Blu Elefant Cafe in Harvard Heights/West Adams. The third Sunday of the month is our regular meeting time for the West Adams Knitters. We meet from 1-3. Dommy was working on this beautiful piece in a perfectly speckled yarn!
The Blu Elefant Cafe and Dommy's Knitting
It was a quick trip on the 10 Fwy to La Cienega and the Slauson cut-off to The Knitting Tree in South Culver City. There were ladies outside the shop knitting, spinning and generally having a great time! Inside the shop, on this final day of the 4-day L.A. Yarn Crawl, there were plenty of people buying yarn and talking about patterns.
Spinning and Knitting Demonstrations
I wasn't going to buy anything, but I saw ANOTHER skein of the Kauni Effektgarn that I'd purchased at The Little Knittery, so I pounced on it. Now, I know I will have enough of this gorgeous color way for a substantial garment, my remembrance of my shortest yarn crawl ever!
Christopher and Lenora, happy that the crawl is over!
I may not have made it to all 25 shops, but the two that I visited were fun, colorful and worth the trip!


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

That looks like a great shop to visit--and I really want to see the needlefelted dog face in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery