Thursday, April 13, 2017

Now, More than Ever

Times are tough. We're living in a divisive world. Now, more than ever, it's time to stand up for what you believe. The Pussy Hat was created for people to show solidarity. The mission statement on the Pussy Hat Project Page states that the pink hat will "provide the people a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard, and it will provide women's rights supporters a way to come together in a virtual march to represent themselves, connect and support women's rights, whether or not they are physically marching." 
The Pussy Hat is a symbol of solidarity. Wearing your hat did not end with the Women's March on Washington. It did not end with protests on taxes, climate change or health issues. Wearing your Pussy Hat in public shows your resistance to the administration and their choices for our country.
I will support the Pussy Hat Project for as long as it is necessary. I have knit at least 10 Pussy Hats for others. The Ultimate Pussy Hat was created for my friend, Mary Jo. You can read the details about the hat here.
Mary Jo and her Ultimate Pussy Hat
This was my second foray into Fair Isle Knitting. I must say that I like the results, but this type of knitting is slow-going. I would only use it for small projects. Knitting an entire Fair Isle sweater would be quite a challenge for me!

Thanks to my co-worker, Nicole, who knows how to rock a beanie. She is my in-house model for hats. The top of her head has appeared all over the place!
Hat Model, Nicole

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery