Friday, July 28, 2017

Another Word for Hot

SCORCHING. SEARING. BLISTERING. SWELTERING. ROASTING. SCALDING. Yes, this is what I expect to experience this weekend. My long-time friend, Jan recently purchased a home in Snow Creek Village, near Palm Springs. She chose this coming weekend to host a house-WARMING party. It will be interesting to see just how many of Jan's friends decide to take a trip out to the desert during the hottest time of year. Larry and I are loyal friends, so we'll be there!
Snow Creek is at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains. It's purported to be a rather Bohemian enclave. Even Huell Howser visited a few years back.
One of my favorite parts about driving to the desert is going through the area where all the windmills are located. I have a feeling that this is close to where Jan lives....Whitewater, the windiest part of the desert!

OK, I'm packing sunblock, hat, cotton clothes, wind goggles and water. See you on the other side!
Vintage Ellen and Jan during their wild years



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery