Thursday, August 31, 2017

It Wasn't Great, But It Was There

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.
Food Court at Colorado Center, Santa Monica

It is the end days for our food court at Colorado Center, Santa Monica. Tomorrow is the last day. True, none of the three restaurants were fantastic, but it was quick, inexpensive food, right across the courtyard from my office. On rainy days you could walk to the court through our underground parking lot and avoid getting soaked.
We do have other places within walking distance of our office complex. There's a few places near the Rite-Aid on 26th and Santa Monica Blvd. The Water Garden, across the street offers a few choices. Also, the Universal Music Group of buildings down the block has some lunch spots. None of these places are a two-minute walk though. I like to maximize my lunch hour by getting a quick lunch and then reading my current novel during that time. 
Plans are to re-vamp the entire Palm Court area with additional fast food options, increased variety and quality of types of food served. There have been complaints that the interior dining area is dark and depressing.  I think it's nice to have a quiet place to eat lunch and read my book during lunchtime. I'm going to miss my corner table in the food court. Sigh. It's also a nice place to meet and greet your co-workers. Sometimes, having an impromptu lunch or meeting.
Yes, it is rather dreary
I do look forward to more varied food choices. I tended to patronize the salad bar more often than the other two spots. It was acceptable, fresh and reasonable. I wonder if the restaurants replacing our Mom 'n Pop food court choices will be national chains.
In the meantime, during construction, Colorado Center will have a rotating array of food trucks, parked on Colorado. Fooda, a restaurant pop-up food service, will be available. The Daily Grill will provided an Express Lunch Grab 'n Go Menu. Sushi will be sold in the park area every Wednesday afternoon.
Interior Courtyard, Colorado Center
Colorado Center has a lovely campus, maintained beautifully. We are lucky to work in this park-like environment. I guess I'll just have to plan lunches from now on and prepare ahead of time. #changesuckssometimes

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Fooda is okay. But it's like dished up take out. Also be sure you get there early. They always under order. :P

 
At 3:56 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Good to know. Thanks. Who is "Unknown, :P ?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery