Friday, March 16, 2018

The EYEs Have It!

"Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up." "Twilight Zone," 1961

Last night we started our Crochet-A-Long, Knit-A-Long at the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch. The theme for this KAL/CAL is "The EYEs of March."  We started on March 15th and all projects have to incorporate some sort of eyeball motif. You can view some of the other project suggestions HERE.  
I decided to go with this granny crochet eyeball top that has intrigued me ever since I saw it on the internet. There is no reference for this image, no pattern that I can locate, so I've decided to see if I can re-create this top on my own!
Granny Crochet Eyeball Top
I think I've figured out the big eyeball!
Ellen's Crocheted Eyeball
For the body of the sweater, I've decided to use some of my leftover yarn from my G.G. Cardigan.  I love these colors, burgundy, eggplant and orange with some defining black thrown in the mix.
Ellen's "G.G. Cardigan"
Hey! Maybe this could be a SWEATER SET! The Eyeball Top would look fab underneath the G.G. Cardigan.....maybe.
Too much?
 We'll see how this turns out. I know what I'll be working on this weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM PST, Anonymous Kat Truesdale said...

I have also had this image saved for years!!! Im also making my version of it. It took a few attempts to get the eye the way I liked. But I got it. I even added eyelashes to mine!!! 🥰

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery